I LOVE Pai Skincare…. This brand has been on my radar for a while. I occasionally purchased items from them however it was far from a ‘must have’ brand for me. When I started trying to conceive (TTC) and then got pregnant, I became a lot more aware of my environment and the everyday products I used that could be negatively influencing my health. For example, I started checking my skin care product on Skindeep and/or Thinkdirty to better understand their ingredients and was shocked to learn the ‘green’ skin care brands I had used for years – ie Ren – were rated as mildly hazard (4-5). I promptly stopped using these brands and committed to properly trialing others like Pai.
Pai is a female founded brand -Sarah Brown – and a London based company. Sarah developed Pai as a way to solve her own skin care challenges (she developed a skin allergy in her late 20s) when other conventional and ‘natural’ products no longer suited her skin. Her brand is focused on developing products for people with sensitive skin. To help navigate their range, Pai categorizes products based on skin issues they are best suited for – ie: eczema, hypersensitive skin, dry skin, ect. Another fun fact, the company’s name: “Pai” is borrowed from the Maori language (Sarah’s mom is from New Zealand) and roughly translates to “goodness”.
If you needed another reasons to love this brand, quality is key and to maintain their high standards they manufacture all of their product in-house at thier West London facility. Pai’s also have a rigorous product development cycle – taking anywhere from 1-3 years. Its 5 stages include:
- Consulting the Customer
- Research and market analysis
- Formulation (finding ingredients)
- Testing (4 stages of testing over 14 weeks)
Pai support indigenous communities by buying Fair Trade ingredients and are certified organic (verified by a 3rd party). For the items I purchased, I was excited to see +70% organic ingredients with oils being +90%. Pai is also deeply committed to protecting the environment with 70% of their retail product packaging being recyclable. The brand is also aiming to move all packaging to a new generation of plastics made from sugar cane – a 100% renewable source. 4 of 7 products I purchased came in glass containers – glass is ideal as it can be recycled and is the best container for oil based products. The brand is considering a “green roof” to insulate their building, conserving energy and potentially enabling them to grow some ingredients locally.
When you decided to trail this brand’s products, I highly recommend book a free skincare consultation to get specialist skincare advice and find the best products for YOU!
DEEP DIVE ON PAi Skincare
- EWG Rating: 2 (low hazard) on 18 product reviews
- Founder: Sarah Brown founded the company in 2007 to help people with irritated, hyper-sensitive & difficult skin.
- Pai promise to be forever ‘good’ to our customers – for example offering 90 day money back guarantee on full size products
- Pai promise to only source ‘good’, pure ingredients. Pai products are free from Parabens, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Petrochemicals, Detergents (SLS/SLES) and artificial fragrance
- Pai promise to be ‘good’ to the world around us. Further information on Organics and Ethics page
- Key Ingredients: Here is a list of potential irritants Pai Skincare avoids – you might want to avoid too!
- Manufacturing Process: Summed up as ‘From London With Love’ – all formulation & making of Pai Skincare’s line happens in London & ships to +100 countries worldwide
- Pro Tips
- Pai products have a shelf-life of 18-24 mths from the date of manufacture & 6mth once open. You can find the expiry date for your individual product stamped on the bottom for bottles and along the top for tubes
- All of Pai Skincare’s products are gluten-free, with the exception of the Stretch-Mark System which contains some wheat germ oil and may contain some traces of gluten
- Pai it Forward: Pai has a referral program offering your Friend £12 off their first order over £24 – when they purchase you’ll get a £12 voucher – details here
OTHER WAYS TO ENGAGE WITH Pai Skincare
- Pai’s Youtube Channel – great place to hear from Sarah and understand more about core products:
- Pai’s Blog has informative articles about the brand & new products
Pai Skincare PRODUCTS I THINK HIGHLY OF
- Everyday Essentials Kit: Tailored to your skin type, by choosing a Moisturizer, Tonic and size of Cleanser + save 15% vs buying products individually
- Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil: (Rosehip seeds + fruit) Rich in Omegas to help regenerate skin without irritation, and restores balance and confidence to unpredictable skin.
- Copaiba Deep Cleanse AHA Mask + Cloth: Natural anti-bacterial properties help to clear skin and heal existing blemishes. Decongests skin without dryness or tightness.
- Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream: Intensively hydrating formula improves the appearance of fine lines. Unique concentrations of Omegas 3 & 6 regenerate delicate eye area. Anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe areas of irritation.
Gentle Genius Camellia & Bergamot Body Wash + Sponge: Sulphate-free. Konjac Sponge creates a silky, generous foam without sulphates. Suitable for very sensitive skin and made with Eczema, Dermatitis and Psoriasis in mind.